Creating portable Internet Explorer 6 + Developer Toolbar
Note that what I mean with Developer Toolbar here is not a portable developer toolbar buat a portable IE6 that works with Developer Toolbar. Other types of portable IE 6 I have tried does not work well with Developer Toolbar.
1. Install 7-zip
2. Extract XP SP2 installation package into some directory (open the .exe file with 7-zip)
3. For each one of these files:
browselc.dll dxtmsft.dll mshtml.dll urlmon.dll xpsp2res.dll
browseui.dll dxtrans.dll shdoclc.dll vbscript.dll iexplore.exe
jscript.dll shdocvw.dll wininet.dll mshtml.tlb
Find the corresponding files, i.e., browselc.dll corresponds with browselc.dl_
4. Open the corresponding file (i.e. browselc.dl_ for browselc.dll) with 7-zip
5. Create an empty directory for your portable IE
6. Extract the file in no.4 the the directory in no.5
7. Create an empty file named iexplore.exe.local
8. Copy dispex.dll to the directory in no.5. It’s not in the SP2 package, so you’ll have to copy it from another source. I copy it from C:\WINDOWS\system32. My dispex.dll version is 220.127.116.1125.
8. You can test your portable IE version using